Monday, April 26, 2010

Lemon Ice Box Pie


OH MY GOD. No, seriously. This is what I had for dinner tonight. And then I had seconds. It’s tart and sweet and cold and delicious and you can bet your sweet ass I’m going to be making this recipe again. In fact, if you choose to make one, and only one of my recipes I post here, please make this one. I promise you it’s worth it. A perfect treat for a hot summers day. Or any day, really.

Lemon Ice Box Pie

Crust:
1 ½ cups crumbled vanilla wafer cookies (see recipe in revious post)
¼ cup margarine

Filling:
1 package tofutti cream cheese
1 oz can sweetened condensed soy milk
1 6-oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 box soywhip, beaten until fluffy

For the pie:

Mix the cookie crumbs and margarine and press onto the bottom and sides of a 9” pie pan
and chill. Beat tofutti cream cheese until fluffy, and gradually beat in condensed soy milk and frozen lemonade. Beat in the whipped topping. Pour into pie pan and place in fridge, let sit for 3- 4 hours or until set. Top with more whipped topping if you like.

I can’t tell if I’m giggling because this is like sunshine in my mouth, or because I get to say “box pie.” You decide.

3 comments:

  1. drool. I need to go change my shirt now.

    LRainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. or just go make the pie. oh, if it doesn't set in a few hours, throw it in the freezer for a bit, and take it out to thaw a few minutes before serving

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks delicious. box pie.

    ReplyDelete